If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy sweet potatoes, look no further than your freezer! Freezer sweet potatoes are a great way to have access to this delicious vegetable all year long. Plus, they’re perfect for those times when you need a quick meal or snack. So, next time you’re feeling hungry, give these frozen sweet potatoes a try!
Best 10 Freezer Sweet Potatoes
- Exceptional Flavor and Superior Quality - Our snacks are nutritious and tasty, with no added ingredients. We use techniques like dehydrating and freeze-drying to preserve the beneficial nutrients while maintaining freshness and texture.
- Nourishing Snack - Indulge in a tasty and fresh snack that's low in calories and perfect for packing in kids' lunches or taking on the go. A great alternative to other less healthy snack choices.
- Versatility - Ideal for daily snacking, outdoor adventures, or emergency preparedness. These snacks can be incorporated into recipes like pot pies, soups, and stir-fries, and can also be stored for long-term emergency use.
- Superb Value - We provide the best value by packaging our food in a #10 can with a resealable lid, ensuring that you receive the highest quality food at an affordable price.
- Complete Satisfaction Guaranteed — At Ready Harvest, we prioritize customer satisfaction and deliver top-notch service. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase or receive a damaged product, please reach out to us directly and we will rectify the situation. This commitment to customer satisfaction makes Ready Harvest a reliable choice for emergency preparedness.
- NO MORE COOKING - JUST ADD WATER! When dogs experience digestive upset, including vomiting and diarrhea, vets recommend feeding a “bland diet” to soothe the digestive tract until normal digestion is restored.
- OUR AWARD-WINNING BLAND DIET is freeze dried and contains white rice, sweet potato and 100% human grade turkey, raised cage free with NO antibiotics or hormones. Enhanced with a powerful electrolyte blend to boost hydration and energy.
- VET-FORMULATED AND VET RECOMMENDED - Freeze dried bland diets soothe your pup's tummy during times of digestive upset, including travel, surgery, medications, and changes in daily routine. Bland Diets can also be used as a topper to help ease your dog’s transition back to their regular diet.
- CONVENIENCE - Just add water and this freeze-dried formula re-hydrates in minutes! With a 3-year shelf life, being prepared with a quick and healthy meal solution for when your dog is feeling under the weather, has never been easier! Keep a few Bland Diets in your pantry so when a digestive issue develops, you can skip the prep and get your pup feeling better faster!
- MANUFACTURED IN THE USA - With only the highest quality human grade ingredients, FREE OF By-Products, Gluten, Artificial Flavors, and Dies.
- DOG TREATS THAT MAKE A GOOD DOG, GOODER - The best training treats for dogs on Amazon that’s great for puppies & older dogs. For you to accomplish your training goals, you need a healthy, high-value training treat that will make your life as a pup parent 100x easier. Keeping your pups attention is essential when training. These soft dog treats will get your pups attention and help maintain that much needed laser focus.
- ZAK GEORGE 30 DAY PERFECT PUP FREE TRAINING VIDEOS & PUPFORD ACADEMY COMMUNITY - We know that training a pup is no easy task for a young, old, small, medium, or large dog! That's why we offer a 100% free online dog training class led by Zak George. Combine these free training, 30 Day Perfect Pup videos with freeze dried training treats & a high value reward for the best pup experience. At Pupford, we stand behind all our products. If you have issues, contact us & we’ll make it right.
- HEALTHY, LOW CALORIE, & SIMPLE INGREDIENTS - With simple, natural ingredients, our healthy dog treats are the healthiest on the market. Period. Made with only 3 simple ingredients or less. Each treat is less than 1kcal and each bag has over 475 treats inside so it lasts long for lots of rounds of practicing tricks & commands. All ingredients & dog treats made in the USA. All treats are freeze dried to maintain nutrients & taste. No fillers, junk, sugar, or other unhealthy ingredients.
- SO DELICIOUS, DOGS MAY LOVE THEM MORE THAN YOU - Your dog will DROOL over the taste of these and that's incredibly important when you're in a training session. Your pup will focus better because of the delicious flavor, savory smell, & small size of every treat. They're also perfect for the simple "atta boy" reward. Having a variety of dog snacks is sometimes important for reinforcing your dog, so we’ve got multiple flavors to switch between for the same great tricks.
- PERFECTLY MOTIVATING FOR PUPS OF ALL SIZES & AGES - Since every bag has 475+ treats in each bag & each piece is small & easily consumable, you can repeatedly reward any breed & dog size (small dogs, medium dogs & large dogs). Each treat is about the size of a pea & can be broken in half for smaller dogs or puppy treats. Pupford Promise - At Pupford, we stand behind our products! If you have issues, contact us & we will make it right.
- DELICIOUS CAMPING FOOD: Tasty and convenient, ReadyWise Adventure Meals camping and backpacking food provides effortless meals for any outdoor activity. Our Sweet Potato Curry features a delicious mix of spicy curried rice with sweet potatoes and coconut milk for the perfect combination of convenience and amazing taste.
- PACKED WITH PROTEIN: Get the calorie and nutrient impact you need while being active outdoors. Our Sweet Potato Curry is vegan and made with 100% real rice, sweet potatoes, and coconut milk and contains 2 servings per pouch. Each pouch contains 19 g of protein to fuel your body for the next adventure.
- QUICK & CONVENIENT: Easy to prepare, our freeze-dried meals and snacks are ready to eat out of the pouch or ready in no time. For our cook-in-bag meals, simply add hot water to the pouch, and your food will be ready in minutes. For our other meals, eat right from the pouch and avoid messy camp cleanups that might attract unwanted animals.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PACKABLE: Pack for your next outdoor adventure without extra weight or bulk. Our dehydrated foods are lighter in weight than traditional backcountry meals and provide a high calorie-per-ounce ratio. They are ideal for high-output activities and provide you with the energy to keep going.
- LONG-LASTING & SHELF-STABLE: ReadyWise Adventure Meals are shelf-stable and made to last for years without losing their delicious taste or nutrients. Our dehydrated foods are great for any outdoor adventure and also make an incredible emergency food option.
- One (1) 10 lb Bag - Merrick Lil' Plates Small Breed Dog Food, Grain Free Real Chicken and Sweet Potato with Raw Bites Recipe, Small Dog Food
- Real deboned chicken is always the first ingredient in this grain free dog food raw bite recipe, which offers the ideal combination of protein and healthy fats to help a dog maintain optimal weight and increased energy
- Freeze dried dog food pieces of real raw chicken in this natural dog food grain free recipe lock in great taste, provide nutritional benefits and are easily digestible
- Merrick dog food small breed recipe made with leading levels of glucosamine and chondroitin aids in maintaining healthy hips and joints while omega 3 fatty acids to help maintain a healthy coat and skin
- This Merrick Lil Plates dog food for small dogs features small kibble to clean teeth and help reduce plaque
- HEALTHY EMERGENCY FOOD STORAGE MADE EASY: Serving Size: 1/2 Cup dry (18g). Servings per Container: 16. - Just let sit in water for a few minutes, pour off the excess water, and enjoy. Use it in an emergency or for regular everyday eating.
- AFFORDABLE HIGH QUALITY FOOD STORAGE: Each Saratoga Farms #10 Can has a 300cc oxygen absorber sealed inside which maximizes shelf-life and eliminates your food storage from spoiling too soon.
- PERFECT FOR EMERGENCY FOOD STORAGE OR EVERYDAY USE: In case of an emergency you are going to want more than just wheat and flour in your food storage. With our Saratoga Farms Freeze Dried Sweet Potatoes with skin your family will still enjoy their favorite home cooked recipes.
- EMERGENCY FOOD STORAGE WITH THE LONGEST SHELF-LIFE: With up to a 30 year shelf life this can of will be ready for you when you need it most. The challenge will be not getting into before then!
- EVERYDAY MULTI-PACK SAVINGS: Get the peace of mind that you deserve by stocking up on premium emergency preparedness food. You'll find additional savings as you select a 2 Pack, 3 Pack, 4 Pack and even a 6 Pack. Select your quantity above and see just how much you can save per can.
- Gently air dried, and carefully selected vegetables.
- Dehydrated vegetables maintain their high nutritive value with less nutrients lost.
- Store for 1-2 years in your cupboard. No more wasted food.
- Saves time AND money! FREE SHIPPING on $99+ orders from Harmony House Foods.
- Food you can trust from a nationally recognized leader!
- ALL NATURAL - These grain-free dog treats use highest quality ingredients and contain no by products, GMO’s or preservatives to ensure pets health
- ONE INGREDIENTS - Our single ingredient treats are made from 100% sweet potatoes and contain no artificial colors or sweeteners
- PET TREATS - Delicious vegetarian treats are perfect for dogs of all ages and sizes, and ideal for traveling and training
- FREEZE-DRIED - Our sweet potatoes are freeze-dried to removes 92% water for lightweight, compact and shelf-stable treats
- MADE IN USA - Our ingredients are responsibly sourced from around the world and are made into tasty treats in our California facility
- Simply Nourish Freeze Dried Beef Liver and Sweet Potato DogTreats
- #1 Ingredient Real Beef Liver
- High Protein
- Grain Free
- 1-Net WT 5 oz (141g) Bag/ Plus a Dog Waste Rolls
How to Freeze Sweet Potatoes
Freezing sweet potatoes is a great way to ensure you always have some on hand for holiday dinners or for your favorite sweet potato casserole. But if you’ve ever tried to peel a frozen sweet potato you know how frustrating that can be. And, sweet potatoes that have been stored in the freezer for a long time often develop a dry, spongy texture when thawed.
Fortunately, there are several easy ways to peel and freeze sweet potatoes so they’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready to cook with them.
The most important thing to remember is that you need to start with firm sweet potatoes. The firmer your sweet potatoes are when you freeze and thaw them, the better texture they’ll have in the end.
How to Freeze Sweet Potatoes: Easy and Simple
Sweet potatoes are a common food in many households. They are a healthy vegetable that is rich in fiber, vitamin B6, and potassium. If you have an abundance of sweet potatoes and are looking for ways to store them, freezing them is a great option.
Preparing Sweet Potatoes for Freezing
1. Wash and Peel the Potatoes
Before freezing, you should go through the sweet potatoes and make sure there are no bad spots. If you find a bad spot, you can cut it out and discard it.
2. Cut the Sweet Potatoes into Cubes or Thin Chips
The smaller the chunks are, the faster they will freeze. Remaining sweet potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator.
3. Blanch the Potatoes
To blanch sweet potatoes, place them in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes. You can also steam them for about 10 minutes.
4. Cool the Potatoes
Make sure to cool the sweet potatoes off before any further processing. You can place them in a bowl of ice or cold water. By doing this, it will help them to retain their flavor and texture. As you are cooling the sweet potatoes, make sure that they remain in the ice or cold water until they are completely cooled.
5. Package the Potatoes
You can either place the cooled sweet potatoes in plastic freezer bags or place them in airtight containers.
6. Label the Bags
Label the bags with the date and type of potatoes. Keeping labels on the freezer bags will help you to know which potatoes were prepared first.
7. Place the Bags in the Freezer
Place the bags of sweet potatoes in the freezer. They will last for about 8 to 10 months.
How to Defrost the Frozen Sweet Potatoes
1. Remove the Bag From the Freezer
Locate the bags that you placed in the freezer and remove them from the freezer to start defrosting.
2. Defrost the Potatoes
You can either defrost the frozen sweet potatoes in the refrigerator or in the microwave. If you choose to defrost them in the microwave, place them in a microwave-safe dish and heat them on medium power for about 4 to 5 minutes. If you decide to defrost in the refrigerator, take the bag out and leave it overnight.
3. Reheat the Potatoes
If you choose to use the microwave to reheat the sweet potatoes, you must cook them on high power for about 2 to 3 minutes. If you decide to reheat in the oven, cook them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until they are warm.
Remove the sweet potatoes from the microwave and dish them onto your plate. Add your favorite sweet potato toppings and enjoy!
How to Freeze Sweet Potatoes: For Health Benefits
Sweet potatoes and yams are nutrient-dense complex carbohydrates. They are high in fiber and an excellent source of beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A. They are a healthy choice, as long as they are not prepared with added sugar or lots of high-fat ingredients. They are also high in vitamin C, manganese, B-vitamins, potassium and iron.
A freezer bag is the easiest way to freeze sweet potatoes. Peel and chop them into the size you wish to freeze. Blanch them in boiling water for about eight minutes. Then, drain them and put them in the freezer bag. Use within one year.
Sweet potatoes also do well in the freezer if you want to roast or mash them without cooking them first. Simply scrub the skins, poke holes all over them with a fork and wrap them in aluminum foil. Use a freezer-safe, airtight container. Freeze them for up to one year.
Freezing sweet potatoes is a great way to preserve fresh foods. It also gives you more options for cooking them when you need a quick side dish.
How to Freeze Sweet Potatoes: For Future Meals
Cooling pallets on:
As a sweet potato lover, I’ll always have a few sweet potatoes hanging around my pantry. Whether they are in cold storage or canned, I always have a few on hand. We freeze sweet potatoes in our house for a number of reasons:
1. I want to save the extra sweet ones for the long term
2. I want to be able to make sweet potato fries in a hurry
3. Frozen sweet potatoes make great homemade dog treats
4. I would love to be able to make a sweet potato pie anytime I want
How to Freeze Sweet Potatoes: No Special Equipment Needed
How To Freeze Sweet Potatoes
Freezing sweet potatoes is relatively straightforward. The key is to pick uniformly sized potatoes so they’ll freeze evenly. Arrange the whole, unpeeled potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for at least six hours, or until completely solid, then transfer to a zip-top freezer bag, label, and return to the freezer.
Freezing Sweet Potatoes
Place sweet potatoes in a large stockpot and add cold water until they’re submerged. Bring the water to a boil and cook, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes reach the desired tenderness.
Drain the potatoes and run cold water over them to cool them off. (You can either discard the water or save it for another use.) Let cool for about five minutes before peeling. Cut them into 1-inch cubes and place them in an airtight container or zip-top bag.
Cover and freeze for several hours or until completely solid. Store the frozen sweet potatoes in the freezer for up to 1 year.
When ready to eat, take as many frozen sweet potatoes out as you want to cook and place them in a large bowl. Microwave the sweet potatoes in 45-second intervals until they’re fully thawed. Serve immediately.
Depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, it will take different amounts of time to thaw them.